In Umbria, precisely in Perugia is situated this splendid castle…
06020 Branca PG, Italia
Casa Branca is located only 12 kilometers from the medieval town of Gubbio, in the region of Umbria – the green hearth of Italy between Tuscany and the Adriatic Sea.
The location allows to easily and quickly reach most touristic, cultural and gastronomic
destinations of the region, such as Perugia, Spello, Umbertide, Città di Castello, Montone, Orvieto, Todi and Spoleto, all of them at more or less an hour by car, the same as the seaside villages and towns on the Adriatic coast.
The closest railway station is Fossato di VIco-Gubbio, at about 10 minutes by car, and the closest airports are Ancona and Perugia, at 40/45 minutes by car. Rome at about 2 hours and a half.
Casa Branca overlooks the countryside from top of a hill at at ten minutes from Gubbio, a medieval jewel perfectly preserved where local people still spend their daily life as if time hadn’t passed through centuries.
The villa is mostly made with local stone, perfectly renovated and maintained.
It was built in 1980 on the ruins of an ancient farmhouse and thoroughly restored in 2003.
The renovation includes devices and systems up to current standards.
The house shows wooden beams and cotto tiles, and unexpected details in original medieval stone,
A marble plaque dating 1912 placed at the entce requests ranthe Virgin’s blessing on the housand it’s land
The property includes:
– a main body of around 300 sm. with wide lounge, restaurant area, professional kitchen, bathroom, 6 bedrooms with private bathroom, two wide porches, plus a huge basement with fireplace (200 sm.)
– a private apartment linked with the main body through a large porch (90 sm.)
– a little stone cottage (40 sm.),
– a swimming-pool
– a woodshed
– a garden all around the house equipped with tables, chairs, umbrellas
– a 13,34 acres park with wood, vegetable garden, fruit trees and a walnut trees grove for wood crop (200 trees).
A huge and healthy agaves found its home at Casa Branca, in a corner facing the sun.
THE MAIN BODY
Around 300 sqm. plus a huge basement witn fireplace (200 sqm.) the main body includes:
– double lounge consisting of
* sitting area with sofas and armchairs
* restaurant area with a huge fireplace, facing the north-east porch, tables and chairs for a maximum of 18-20 people.
The lounge shows large stone walls, wood beams and cotto tiles, and is air conditioned for both winter and summer;
– fully equipped professional kitchen with fire doors, staff changing room and bathroom (also air conditioned);
– small kitchen pantry
– 5 double rooms and 1 little suite, all of them with private bathroom with shower, satellite TV, wi-fi and heating;
– utility room with sheets and towels;
– storage mezzanine.
around 200 sq. m. with large fireplace, articulated in various rooms:
– laundry area
– technical area for wells water treatment (in addition to the connection to Gubbio aqueduct for drinkable water supply) and hot water storage for sanitary and heating (500 lts.) .
– general storage area
– large tunnel leading to covered parking area, perfect for storing gardening machines and equipments.
THE STONE COTTAGE
Fully restored cottage of around 40 sqm.at the ground floor, facing the garden at a few meters from the main house. It consists of a large double room, a smaller bedroom and a bathroom with shower.
It has been designed and specifically thought and equipped to welcome also disable people
A private apartment of around 90 sq.mt. is connected with the main house through a large porch.
The apartment includes a large living with stone walls, wooden beams and cotto tiles, a kitchen, two rooms and a bathroom. The apartment is heated with a thermo fireplace that feeds radiators in all rooms.
Equipped with chairs and tables, umbrellas, deck chairs, night lighting
Around 13,34 acres mostly consisting of wood, fruit trees, walnut grove (200 trees), vegetable garden. The area hosts 3 wells, wells water storage, sewer phytopurification system, night lightning, remote controlled gate,LPG storage.
SWIMMING POOL 7X14 mt.
(no need of lifeguards by law)
Fully equipped with beach loungers, tables and umbrellas, winter and summer covers, shower, night external and internal lighting. The pool also offers a paved access way dedicated to wheel-chairs.
Casa Branca é presente e recensita sui seguenti siti/portali turistici:
– Karen Brown
– Guida Dove
PERMITS AND LICENCES
Registered at the chamber of commerce of Perugia as farm and agriturismo (country hotel) with licence for hosting and feeding a maximum of 16/18 people (the restaurant can extend its authorization to a maximum of 32 people)
Approved fire system.
Approved sewage disposal.
Approved gas heating system.
Approved electrical system.
Approved water supply (both through wells purifying system and connection to Gubbio aqueduct)
Remotly controlled gate.
– Karen Brown
The property consists of two different street numbers which means it is not considered as a luxury villa in terms of fiscal regulations. Furthermore, the Italian law recognizes agriturismos a favourable fiscal pressure.